Tacoma Community House’s English classes help adults improve their English listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. We have classes all year-round, Monday through Thursday, at various times in order to accommodate students’ schedules. Classes go from Level 1 (basic) to Level 6 (advanced).
Why take English classes?
Life in the United States is challenging for people who do not speak English. By learning the language in a supportive, welcoming environment, students gain the confidence to use English in everyday situations. That might be answering the phone, filling out forms at the doctor’s office, or helping a child with homework! People who speak English also have a much easier time finding jobs and enrolling in school/training programs.
Cost, Eligibility & Schedule
- $25 per quarter (ask about our scholarships and fee waivers!)
- Open to adults 18 and older
- 2021 Class Quarters
- Winter Quarter – January 19th – March 25th
- Spring Quarter – April 12th – June 24th
- Summer Quarter – July 12th – September 16th
- Fall Quarter – October 4th – December 16th
- Classes run Monday through Thursday at various times
- Morning (9am-12pm)
- Afternoon (1-3pm)
- Evening (6-8pm)
How to Enroll
If you are interested in taking English classes, please contact Charlene McKenzie @ 253-383-3951 Ext 122 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration, program information, intake and to schedule a preliminary testing appointment
- Bring what you have:
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card
- Pay Stub or DSHS Award Letter
- Green Card
Charlene McKenzie, Education Services Assistant