Join a community of individuals who are fighting for resources, equity, participation, diversity, and human rights.
The investments you are making in Tacoma Community House are, indeed, investments in our community. We know you are eager to assist TCH’s programs and clients, and we thank you for your ongoing commitment.
- ELA/BEdA Tutor or Class Assistant
- Computer Lab Assistant
- Talk Time
- Classroom Assistant
- Administrative Work
- Citizenship Class Assistant
- Administrative Work
- Data Analysis & Research
Development & Communications
- Special Events & Outreach
- Writing & Editing
- Social Media
- Reception Desk
- Job Fair – October 20, 11 AM – 2 PM
- Halloween on the Hill – October 28, 3 PM – 6 PM
- Weekly Friday Employment Workshops
While vaccination and testing policies can go a long way toward protecting our community, we’re still keeping other measures in place in accordance with Pierce County guidelines, and the evolving nature of this pandemic. At this time, that means the following for all in-person activities:
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Hand washing with soap and water is best (for the length of two rounds of “Happy Birthday!”), but hand sanitizer will do in a pinch. Make sure to cover any cough or sneeze with your sleeve, not your hands. We’ll be sure to keep all often-touched communal surfaces cleaned frequently.
- Keep those face coverings handy! We’ll have a limited supply of face coverings available for those who do not have one or would like one.
Talk Time is a unique opportunity for adults in Tacoma Community House’s English Language Acquisition (ELA) program to practice conversational English with volunteers in our community. Students are able to put their English skills into practice, while both conversation partners have the opportunity to ask questions and share experiences. Talk Time is often the only place where our students can engage in spontaneous conversations, which are important in building their language confidence and fluency.
We have other available opportunities as follows:
- Citizenship Days
Celebrating 110 Years of Service
Monthly Service Numbers
Interested in Volunteering?
Please contact Amanda Mayer if you are interested in hearing about our volunteer opportunities