ENROLL IS CLOSED FOR SPRING QUARTER BUT IS OPEN FOR SUMMER QUARTER
If interested, fill out the required paperwork and e-mail it here and register for Summer Quarter 2022
Over one million immigrants arrive in the United States each year, and many need assistance navigating the naturalization process. Our team of Department of Justice (D.O.J.) Accredited Immigration Specialists and trained instructors have partnered with the Pierce County Library System to host Citizenship Classes to prepare you for your citizenship interview and civics exam.
- 100 questions and answers for the naturalization exam
- Interview format and interview skills
- Fundamentals of American history
- Required reading and writing vocabulary
- Foundations of democracy and the electoral process
Basic Eligibility Requirements*
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have been a lawful permanent resident for the past 5 years (3 if married to a U.S. Citizen)
- Have been living in the U.S. for 2.5 of the past 5 years (1.5 if married to a U.S. Citizen)
- Have not been outside of the U.S. for one year or more
- Be a person of good moral character
- Can read, write, and speak basic English
*Other eligibility factors and conditions apply. More details provided when you attend an information session.
All citizenship services—including citizenship education and application preparation assistance—are FREE to all members of the community. Free services are made possible by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant Number 20CICET00162-01-00: FY2020 Citizenship and Assimilation Grant Program: Citizenship Instruction and Naturalization Services Program.
How to Enroll
- Complete and email the enrollment packet
- Email required documents:
- Photo ID/Driver License and Lawful Permanent Residency (Green) Card – both sides
Yana Cosme, Immigration Services Manager (D.O.J. Accredited)
If you do not wish to attend Citizenship Classes but still need assistance completing your naturalization paperwork, please call (253) 383-3951 to schedule a one-on-one appointment with a D.O.J. Accredited Immigration Specialist.