If you have experienced a crime or are feeling unsafe, please call 253-383-3951 to speak with our Advocacy team. If this is a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.
Tacoma Community House provides free services and support to individuals who have been harmed by domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and many other crimes (see examples below). We will pair you with a caring legal advocate who understands the law and your rights so that you may return to a place of safety, stability, and independence.
- Domestic violence
- Sexual assault
- Human trafficking
- Child abuse
- Elder abuse
- Identity theft
- Property crime
- Hate crime
- DUI/DWI injury
- Non-accidental vehicular assault
- and more
Our Free Services
- Safety planning
- Basic needs assistance (clothing, transportation, emergency housing, etc.)
- Referrals to community resources and services
- Legal advocacy
- Helping you to understand the U.S. justice system and your rights
- Talking to / filing reports with law enforcement**
- Accompanying you to court**
- Interpretation, translation, and immigration assistance
- and more
** You can use our services regardless of your immigration status, and you do not need to report to law enforcement unless you choose to do so. Our advocates are trained to handle your case with the utmost privacy and confidentiality.
How to Make an Appointment
Call 253-383-3951 to speak with a member of our Advocacy Department and set up an appointment. Advocacy services are free to all victims of crime, regardless of immigration status. Our team members speak Spanish, Laotian, Thai, Vietnamese, Khmer (Cambodian), and Bassa, but we serve people of all languages!