Adults who are interested in preparing for the GED® tests or improving their basic skills can do so by enrolling in Tacoma Community House’s Adult Basic Education (ABE) Classes. We are here to help students increase their skills in reading, writing, math, and computer usage. For some, earning their GED® is a goal, while others want to increase their skills before entering a local community college. Many students who enroll in the program often go on to further their education or improve their employment standing.
The ABE program helps students with:
- Basic reading, writing, math, and computer skills
- General Educational Development (GED®) test prep
- Skills to prepare for college, technical school, etc.
- Work and life skills
Cost, Eligibility & Class Schedule
- $25 per quarter
- Open to adults 18 and older
- Classes run Monday through Thursday in the mornings (9am-12pm)
- 2021 Class Quarters
- Winter Quarter – January 19th – March 25th
- Spring Quarter – April 12th – June 24th
- Summer Quarter – July 12th – September 16th
- Fall Quarter – October 4th – December 16th
How to Enroll
Those who are interested in enrolling into ABE classes, please contact Charlene McKenzie @ 253-383-3951 Ext 122 or at email@example.com for registration, program information, intake and to schedule a preliminary testing appointment.
- Bring to orientation (what you have):
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card
- Pay Stub or DSHS Award Letter
- Green Card
Charlene McKenzie, Education Services Assistant