Are you ready to become a U.S. citizen?
Over one million immigrants arrive in the United States each year and many need assistance navigating the Naturalization process. Our team of B.I.A. Accredited Immigration Specialists and trained instructors have partnered with the Pierce County Library System to host Citizenship Classes that prepare applicants for their citizenship and civics interview.
Citizenship Classes cover:
- Questions for the naturalization exam
- Interview format & interview skills
- Fundamentals of American history
- Required vocabulary
- Foundations of democracy
Basic eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have been a lawful permanent resident for the past 5 years
- Have been living in the U.S. for 2.5 of the past 5 years
- Have not been outside of the U.S. for one year or more
- Can read, write, and speak English
- Other conditions may apply
Cost: Application assistance and citizenship classes are free to those on public assistance (current DSHS award letter is required). Nominal fees apply to those who are not receiving DSHS.
How to Enroll
Those who are interested in participating in Citizenship Classes MUST attend an information session at Tacoma Community House to determine eligibility (1314 S. L Street, Tacoma, WA). See our calendar for upcoming information sessions!
- Required: Please bring your photo ID/Drivers License and Green Card to the information session.
Jesus Pinedo, BIA Accredited Immigration Specialist