We offer employment services for adults (18 and older) who want to improve their skill set, build self-confidence, and find a job that aligns with their financial and career goals. We maintain connections with dozens of employers who are looking to hire people just like you!
*CHEER and CNA Program are currently not offered
Our Employment Services
- Work readiness training, including resumé building and interview practice
- Job search and placement assistance
- Resource navigation and connection
- Follow-up with you and your employer once you are hired
- All services are available at no-cost to participants
Gain experience and training
Access basic needs (transportation, child care, housing, clothing)
Increase your English proficiency
Who qualifies for employment services?
- Eligibility varies by program, contact us to learn which services may work for you
- Our programming may be a good fit for:
- Underemployed or unemployed people
- Low-income and moderate-income people
- TANF recipients
- Basic Food (SNAP) recipients
- English language learners
- Undocumented people
Tacoma Community House participates in the Center for Strong Families initiative, funded by the United Way of Pierce County. Drawing on established research about the most effective services for our clients, this initiative bundles together employment coaching, financial coaching, and access to public benefits through comprehensive case management for economically vulnerable households throughout Pierce County.
Interim Employment Services Manager | email@example.com
TCH Employment Team
(253) 383-3951 – ask for a member of Employment