Total Clients Served Since COVID-19 Closure
March Dashboard Numbers
All Languages English عربي 中文 Francais ខ្មែរ 한국어 русский Español Tagalog Українська Tiếng Việt
UPDATE April 29th, 2020
Tacoma Community House will remain closed until further notice and/or by appointment only, in compliance with the governor’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy emergency order.
During this closure, our staff are actively serving our clients through creative means and have been diligent, innovative, and impactful.
Our client’s needs, health, and safety remain a top priority.
Visit our COVID-19 for community resources and to stay updated on the impacts of the virus. Be well and please, stay home.
Gov. Jay Inslee announced a month-long extension of his “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” which bans all gatherings and temporarily shuttered non-essential businesses, will continue through May 4. >>Continue Reading
The following activities are canceled:
- Talk Time is canceled through at least the end of March.
- Starbucks has recommended that folks not have meetings at Starbucks as a way to reduce the spread of the virus so that we will be pausing Starbucks Talk Time through March.
- Read2Me has paused volunteer roles for March, and we plan to resume regularly scheduled Read2Me activities after Spring Break.
- Volunteer Orientations in March are canceled, they will resume as planned in April.
- Citizenship Practice on Fridays is canceled for the rest of the quarter. 1:1 tutoring can be arranged. Talk to your Citizenship Instructor or Immigration Specialist to be referred for 1:1 tutoring.
- The drop-in job club at 3 pm on Wednesdays is canceled for the remainder of March.
- Census Open Labs are canceled until further notice.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sessions are canceled.
- ELA Info Sessions are canceled through march.
- Milgard Hiring Event is canceled.
CLIENTS and STUDENTS
Students and Volunteers: All intake and orientation sessions, classes, tutoring, Read2Me, job club and Talk Time programs are suspended during the closure.
IMMIGRATION, EMPLOYMENT, & ADVOCACY
Clients with prescheduled appointments will be contacted by a caseworker. Clients can maintain scheduled appointments via telephone, text and e-mail by contacting a caseworker.
Date sensitive cases will be handled with your caseworker during this time. Find their contact information at www.tacomacommunityhouse.org/contacts-by-department to send them an email or voicemail.
If you leave a message on TCH voice mail, we will make every attempt to return your call within one or two business days.