Adult Basic Education (ABE) Classes – Orientation
July 23 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Adults who want to earn their GED or improve their basic skills can take Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes at Tacoma Community House. We are here to help students boost their skills in math, reading, writing, and computers. For some, earning their GED is a goal, while others want to improve their skills before going to college or applying for jobs.
ABE classes help students with:
- Math, reading, writing, and computer skills
- GED test preparation
- Skills for college, technical school, etc.
- Work and life skills
Cost, Eligibility & Class Schedule
- $25 per quarter
- Open to adults 18 and older
- Classes run Monday through Thursday from 9am-12pm
- Winter Quarter: January 7, 2019 – March 21, 2019
- Spring Quarter: April 8, 2019 – June 20, 2019
How to Enroll
If you are interested in ABE classes, you must attend an orientation at Tacoma Community House (1314 S. L Street, Tacoma, WA 98405). Orientations give students an opportunity to meet our Education team, complete paperwork, and schedule a testing appointment.
See more orientation dates on our calendar.
- Bring what you have:
- Picture ID
- Social Security Card
- Pay Stub or DSHS Award Letter
- Green Card
Charlene McKenzie, Education Services Assistant