- This event has passed.
Read2Me Information and Training Session
January 9, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Is your New Year’s resolution to volunteer? Become a Read2Me tutor!
Read2Me is a unique tutoring program where trained volunteers work with Kindergarten–3rd grade students to improve their comprehension skills and nurture a life-long love of reading.
- Tutor a student for one 30-45 minute session each week
- Choose between four Tacoma elementary schools
- Stay with the same child for the entire school year to build trust
- Learn teaching methods and learning outcomes that mirror your child’s classroom
- A site coordinator is always there to lend support
How to Become a Tutor
Attend this information and training session on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 (12-1pm) at Tacoma Community House (1314 S. L Street, Tacoma, WA 98405). If you can attend, please RSVP by emailing Eleanor Herting at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to see you there!