UPDATE March 24th, 2020
In compliance with Governor Jay Inslee’s stay-at-home mandate, Tacoma Community House will remain closed until April 6th, 2020, but due to the unpredictable dynamics of COVID-19, we will reassess at that time. The health of our clients, volunteers, staff and members of the community remains our highest priority. Visit our COVID-19 to stay updated on the impacts of the virus. Be well and please, stay home.
Due to an abundance of caution concerning COVID-19 and everyone’s personal health and safety, Tacoma Community House will temporarily close to the public on Monday, March 16th and will reopen for service on Monday, March 30th.
The following activities are canceled:
- Talk Time is canceled through at least the end of March.
- Starbucks has recommended that folks not have meetings at Starbucks as a way to reduce the spread of the virus so that we will be pausing Starbucks Talk Time through March.
- Read2Me has paused volunteer roles for March, and we plan to resume regularly scheduled Read2Me activities after Spring Break.
- Volunteer Orientations in March are canceled, they will resume as planned in April.
- Citizenship Practice on Fridays is canceled for the rest of the quarter. 1:1 tutoring can be arranged. Talk to your Citizenship Instructor or Immigration Specialist to be referred for 1:1 tutoring.
- The drop-in job club at 3 pm on Wednesdays is canceled for the remainder of March.
- Census Open Labs are canceled until further notice.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sessions are canceled.
- ELA Info Sessions are canceled through march.
- Milgard Hiring Event is canceled.
CLIENTS and STUDENTS
Students and Volunteers: All intake and orientation sessions, classes, tutoring, Read2Me, job club and Talk Time programs are suspended during the closure.
IMMIGRATION, EMPLOYMENT, & ADVOCACY
Clients with prescheduled appointments will be contacted by a caseworker. Clients can maintain scheduled appointments via telephone, text and e-mail by contacting a caseworker.
Date sensitive cases will be handled with your caseworker during this time. Find their contact information at www.tacomacommunityhouse.org/contacts-by-department to send them an email or voicemail.
If you leave a message on TCH voice mail, we will make every attempt to return your call within one or two business days.