Interested in a career in childcare? Our free training program will help you get started!
About the CHEER Program
Tacoma Community House’s Childhood Early Education Resource (CHEER) program assists immigrants and refugees with:
- Earning STARS certification for childcare professionals
- English language instruction
- Interning with a daycare
- Finding a job in childcare
- Opening your own childcare business
- Up to 3 years of financial coaching
This program is FREE and covers the cost of instruction, certification, CPR training, vaccinations, background checks, and support services—valued at over $1,750!
How to Enroll
- Attend an Employment Services Orientation at Tacoma Community House (1314 S. L Street, Tacoma, WA 98405), held every Tuesday from 1:30–3:30pm. Please bring your Photo ID.
- CHEER is focused on serving immigrants and refugees, but all are welcome to attend an orientation to learn more!
Questions about CHEER? Contact:
Clara Sciortino, Employment Case Manager