Tacoma Community House is a nationally respected, community-based service center for immigrants, refugees, and members of the South Sound community seeking enrichment and pathways to self-sufficiency. Since 1910, we have helped countless individuals gain the skills they need to transition out of poverty, navigate a new culture, and find personal and professional success.
The Bilingual Administrative Assistant is a professional customer service position that provides direct service to clients, students, donors and the general public as they enter Tacoma Community House. As the first person TCH clients meet, this position is key to setting an inclusive atmosphere and welcoming culture for all clients and visitors.
|POSITION TITLE:||Bilingual Admin Assistant||REPORTS TO:||Com. Engagement Mgr.|
|EMPLOYMENT TYPE:||Non-Exempt, Benefits||SALARY RANGE:||$16 – $17/hour|
|SCHEDULE:||Part-time OR Full-time||DEADLINE:||3/16/2020|
This is a professional customer service position that provides direct service to clients, students, donors and the general public as they enter Tacoma Community House. As the first person TCH clients meet, this position is key to setting an inclusive and welcoming culture for all clients and visitors.
Tacoma Community House is moving into a new building this year, this position will be vital in collaborating with the Volunteer Services Manager and other staff members to form new procedures, develop best practices, and make our new building feel like a welcoming home to our clients and neighbors.
Individuals with personal, shared, or lived experience as an immigrant or refugee are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide front line reception to clients and connect visitors and callers to appropriate staff members
- Schedule appointments and coordinate logistics for agency visitors
- Coordinate weekly calendars for communal conference rooms
- Answer phones on a multi-line system
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of front desk, storage areas, and lobby
- Assist in the coordination of building and grounds maintenance needs
- Open and/or close the building
- Assist with the coordination and organization of agency events
- Maintain and process agency and administrative supply orders, including monthly expense reports
- Act as backup to Bilingual Administrative Lead as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Related educational background or training in office/clerical/administration skills preferred
- 2 years providing administrative support in a busy, professional environment
- Demonstrable experience working in a culturally diverse environment
- Bilingual/multilingual with proven ability to communicate both verbally and in written form in all languages
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to function efficiently with consistent interruptions and distractions
- Maintain high levels of customer service and relationship building with staff, participants, donors, board members, trustees, volunteers and others
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work with and be sensitive to people of varying backgrounds, abilities, and cultures
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task, respond quickly to critical situations and make good decisions
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Able to manage long and short term projects
- Comprehensive proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites
- Thoughtful and patient approach to customer service
- Reliable and prompt attendance
- Commitment to inclusivity and equity, as both a goal and an approach
- A deep respect for underserved communities
- Willingness to submit a background check and discuss openly
Please e-mail a Cover Letter that specifically addresses how your background makes you the best fit for this position, your resume, and three (3) References to Jobs@TacomaCommunityHouse.org.
WHY WORK AT TACOMA COMMUNITY HOUSE?
Your paycheck is only part of your total compensation package. Employees also have access to a benefits package worth about 25% of your salary.
Compensation: $16 to $17/hour depending on qualifications.
Insurance: We offer a comprehensive health care benefits package including medical, dental, and basic life insurance.
Retirement: Tacoma Community House employees may participate in a 403b plan which includes generous support from the Agency after 1 year of service.
Vacation & Leave: Leave benefits to include 24 days of paid vacation in the first year and 10 paid holidays.
We Are a Welcoming Workplace
Inclusion and empowerment are an integral part of who we are – our history, our culture, our identity. These values lead us in our operations as we strive to build and nurture a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and connects to each other in our dedication to equity and social justice.
Tacoma Community House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In our relationships with staff, our participants, and our community, Tacoma Community House does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, marital or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence or perception of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.