Tacoma Community House is looking to fill a 2019-2020 AmeriCorps Vista Position.
Position Title: Community Partnership Developer
Service Site Information
Street Address: 1314 S L St,
Zip Code + 4: 98405-3941 (ex. 98502-5010)
Reach out to Immigrants and Refugees in Pierce County with vital services in English Language Classes, or services in Employment, Immigration and Advocacy.
For over 109 years, Tacoma Community House has been supporting immigrants, refugees and others in the Tacoma Pierce County area and beyond with comprehensive services focused on self-sufficiency, inclusion and advocacy. Our four core programs include Education, Employment, Immigration Services and Advocacy for victims of crime. These programs lift individuals and families out of poverty, provide opportunities for individuals to fully engage in their community, and provide quality employees to local employers. We accomplish this through dedicated staff and over 400 generous volunteers.
The member will collaborate with organization and communities throughout Pierce County to develop partnerships and increase participation and raising awareness about programs in Education and Employment Services. The Education Programs consist of English Language Acquisition, Basic Adult Education and Basic Literacy. Our Employment Services Program consists of job coaching for those receiving SNAP or TANIF Benefits to assist adults in earning their first job or a higher paying position, CHEER: a training program directed to immigrants and refugees to become child care professionals, and Project Nightingale: a NA-C training program and job coaching in partnership with Tacoma Community College. TCH programs are free or low cost and have direct benefits to career readiness. Tacoma Community House will finish construction of our new facility, with twice the footprint and more capacity to serve participants in these programs. The VISTA will support the increased size capacity by reaching into new communities, geographic areas and building new partnerships to recruit more participants.
- Strong desire and commitment to serve diverse populations from around the globe
- Able to effectively communicate (orally and written) in English
- Possess strong time management, organization, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks independently
- Strong computer skills, including data entry, Google Suite, and word processing
- Multilingual preferred
- Have a Bachelor’s degree -OR- some college with work experience
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time. Working in an office and at community functions.
- Manual dexterity to include light lifting, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
- Position Requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Some evening/weekend shifts required
VISTA Member term: September 1, 2019-August 30, 2020
Learn more about VISTA HERE.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org