|POSITION TITLE:||Finance Associate, AP||REPORTS TO:||Finance Manager|
|EMPLOYMENT TYPE:||Contract Temporary||SALARY RANGE:||$17.50 – $18.50/hr|
|SCHEDULE:||PT – 30hrs per week||APPLICATION DEADLINE:||7/20/2020|
Tacoma Community House is a nationally respected, community-based service center for immigrants, refugees, and members of the South Sound community seeking enrichment and pathways to self-sufficiency. Since 1910, we have helped countless individuals gain the skills they need to transition out of poverty, navigate a new culture, and find personal and professional success.
The Finance Department supports a budget of over $5 million and approximately 60 Agency staff members. The Finance Associate performs accounting duties under the direction of the Finance Manager using the MIP Fund Accounting system.
Because Tacoma Community House primarily serves immigrant and refugee communities, bilingual and multilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Maintain two databases in the MIP Fund Accounting system
- Process Accounts Payable
- Prepare, verify, and process expense payments, including invoices, purchase orders, and requests for funds.
- Process stop payments and reissue checks
- Maintain purchase order log and ensure proper approval
- Assist with preparation for audit and funder monitoring visits
- Process W-9 and 1099 forms
- Maintain credit card expense reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in accounting, finance, business, or other applicable field
- 2 years in accounts payable or general accounting
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy with special attention to detail and confidentiality while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and respectfully in a diverse cultural environment
- Knowledge of and working experience with other cultures
- Willingness to submit a background check and openly discuss
Please e-mail a Cover Letter that specifically addresses how your background makes you the best fit for this position, your Resume, and three (3) Professional References to Jobs@TacomaCommunityHouse.org.
We Are a Welcoming Workplace
Inclusion and empowerment are an integral part of who we are – our history, our culture, our identity. These values lead us in our operations as we strive to build and nurture a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and connects to each other in our dedication to equity and social justice.
Tacoma Community House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In our relationships with staff, our participants, and our community, Tacoma Community House does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, marital or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence or perception of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.