Employment Case Manager/Job Developer
Job description: Tacoma Community House is seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic, and motivated professional that is passionate about assisting low-income residents of Pierce County find and retain employment. The Employment Department’s goal is to assist community members on their journey to self-sufficiency through gaining employment. The position will provide outreach, career counseling, employment & training information, job search skills, workshop facilitation, job placement/follow-up, and referral to other community resources. Interested candidates are encouraged to visit TCH’s web site www.tacomacommunityhouse.org to learn more about the agency and its services.
The Employment Case Manager/Job Developer will carry out the following duties:
- Facilitate weekly, monthly, and quarterly workshops and trainings for a diverse group of adult and youth participants
- Provide employment and career case management to adults
- Work as part of a team providing employment readiness programs, including mentoring, counseling, and arranging program activities and events
- Follow program guidelines as defined by agency and funders to ensure the success of applicants enrolled in program
- Prepare and maintain files and data required for reporting to funders
- Meet contracted outcomes for service delivery
- Enter and maintain information in agency and funder databases
- Assist in creating strategies that will lead participants to potential career paths, including developing job sites for internships and placement
- Assist in developing and implementing programs to enhance services with community partners; attend partner meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience and/or education
- Experience working in counseling and employment/training programs and/or general case management
- Experience working with persons from diverse educational, economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Experience accurately in-putting and using database information
- Experience executing program guidelines
- Experience working with low-income or disadvantaged populations
- Experience working within a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
Preferred qualifications include:
- Multilingual skills
- Knowledge of DSHS eJAS
- Knowledge of Pierce County resources for low-income population
Compensation: The salary is competitive for this position and will depend on qualifications. TCH has a generous benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, and retirement. (See below for more details)
Email a one-page cover letter, your resume, and three professional references to our Employment Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Tacoma Community House is committed to increasing the diversity of its staff and program participants and to strengthening sensitivity throughout the agency. Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, national origin, political or union affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, Vietnam era veteran status, or other non bona-fide job requirements. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.
Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
About Tacoma Community House: Tacoma Community House is a 106 year old Human Services agency, begun as a Settlement House to serve immigrants. Today we serve immigrants, refugees and low income youth and adults, helping them to become self-sufficient.
Mission: Tacoma Community House creates opportunities for immigrants and other community members in the Puget Sound region through comprehensive services focused on self-sufficiency, inclusion and advocacy.
Vision: We are a pathway to change, leading to generations of self-sufficient people and a region welcoming of immigrants and refugees.
Why work at Tacoma Community House? We are an agency with a long history of quality services which attracts staff with expertise and commitment to our mission. We have won many awards over the years for our services and for the quality of our workplace.
Tacoma Community House offers:
Compensation: Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation package. Employees also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 25% of your salary.
Insurance: A comprehensive health care benefits package with medical, dental and basic life insurance.
Retirement: We offer participation in a pension plan with generous support by the agency.
Vacation and leave: Leave benefits include 12 days of vacation per year in the first year; 10 paid holidays; plus additional paid time off in summer and around Christmas; and 12 days of paid sick leave per year.
Employee assistance: Employees may seek confidential professional help with personal or work-related problems through the Employee Assistance Program at no charge.