TCH Hiring Deputy Director of Programs
Deputy Director of Programs
Job description: Tacoma Community House is seeking a Deputy Director to oversee all client services programs. This full-time position is located in Tacoma, WA and is responsible for all client services including Adult Basic Education and English as a Second Language classes, employment services, youth services, immigration services, domestic violence and crime victim services. Interested candidates are encouraged to explore TCH’s web site www.tacomacommunityhouse.org to learn more about the agency and its services.
Position overview: This is an administrative and professional position under the supervision of the Executive Director with overall responsibility for Client Services. This position oversees program planning for all client services and supervises the client services staff. This position serves on the Leadership Team.
The Deputy Director will carry out the following duties:
- Participate in planning, developing and overseeing new programs and services
- Coordinate and mobilize resources for projects through proposal writing and advocacy activities
- Supervise the Client Services Director, three client services managers and administrative staff
- Evaluate and monitor program activities and staff performance
- Oversee preparation and administration of project budgets and reports to funding sources
- Participate in community planning and organizing activities and represent the agency’s client services needs
- Oversee implementation of a new database
- Participate in intra-agency planning, collaborative projects and decision-making activities
- Actively develop community partnerships that enhance and align with the TCH Mission and goals
- Advocate for target population needs at local and state level meetings
- The successful candidate must be able to think creatively, act resourcefully, and exhibit excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent combination of related experience and/or education
- 5 years experience in program planning and/or administrative experience in adult education and/or human services
- Demonstrated successful proposal writing experience
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Experience working with low-income or disadvantaged populations
- Experience working within a culturally and linguistically diverse environment is highly desirable
- Experience working with funders and community partners to advocate for client and agency interests
- Excellent skills in the following areas:
- Planning and budgeting
- Supervision and managing people
- Proposal writing
- Computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
Preferred qualifications include:
Master’s degree in educational field or human services
Compensation: The salary is competitive for this position and will depend on qualifications. TCH has a generous benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, and retirement. (See below for more details)
Application process: Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of interest specifically addressing how your background qualifies you to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement
- Current, detailed resume
- Complete list of three or more professional and personal references
Please send all application materials by email to Bianca Reynaga (firstname.lastname@example.org). Recruitment will be ongoing until the position is filled. First screening of applications will begin on Monday, October 3, 2016. To ensure consideration, return your completed materials by 5 p.m. Friday, September 30, 2016.
Tacoma Community House is committed to increasing the diversity of its staff and program participants and to strengthening sensitivity throughout the agency. Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, national origin, political or union affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, Vietnam-era veteran status, or other non bona-fide job requirements. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.
Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer.
About Tacoma Community House: Tacoma Community House is a 106 year old Human Services agency, begun as a Settlement House to serve immigrants. Today we serve immigrants, refugees and low income youth and adults, helping them to become self-sufficient.
Mission: Tacoma Community House creates opportunities for immigrants and other community members in the Puget Sound region through comprehensive services focused on self-sufficiency, inclusion and advocacy.
Vision: We are a pathway to change, leading to generations of self-sufficient people and a region welcoming of immigrants and refugees.
Why work at Tacoma Community House?
We are an agency with a long history of quality services which attracts staff with expertise and commitment to our mission. We have won many awards over the years for our services and for the quality of our workplace.
Tacoma Community House offers:
Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation package. Employees also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 25% of your salary.
A comprehensive health care benefits package with medical, dental and basic life insurance.
We offer participation in a pension plan with generous support by the agency.
Vacation and leave
Leave benefits include 12 days of vacation per year in the first year; 10 paid holidays; plus additional paid time off in summer and around Christmas; and 12 days of paid sick leave per year.
Employees may seek confidential professional help with personal or work-related problems through the Employee Assistance Program at no charge.