What is Read2Me?
Read2Me is a unique tutoring program where trained volunteers work with Kindergarten–3rd Grade students striving to meet grade level reading goals by the end of the 3rd grade. By providing one-on-one encouragement and support, tutors help these young students to develop better confidence in their reading abilities, laying the foundation for a lifelong love of reading!
- Tutors meet one-on-one with students 1-2 times per week for 45 minutes
- Sessions are held at four Tacoma Public Schools during school hours
|Arlington Elementary||Lister Elementary||Manitou Park Elementary||McCarver Elementary|
|7202 South Pine Street, Tacoma, WA 98409||2106 East 44th Street, Tacoma, WA 98404||4330 South 66th Street, Tacoma, WA 98409||
2111 South J Street, Tacoma, WA 98405
- Tutors learn teaching methods and learning outcomes that mirror the curriculum of each child’s classroom
- Tutors stay with the same child for the entire school year to aid with relationship-building
- On-site coordinators provide support
Olivia Ash, Read2Me Program Coordinator