What is Read2Me?
Read2Me is a unique tutoring program where trained volunteers work with striving 1st-3rd grade students to improve their reading comprehension skills and nurture a life-long love of reading. Watch a video about Read2Me here!
- Tutors meet one-on-one with students for one 45-minute session each week
- Sessions are held at Arlington, Lister, McCarver, and Manitou Park Elementary School during school hours
- On-site coordinators provide support
- Tutors learn teaching methods and learning outcomes that mirror the curriculum of each child’s classroom
- Tutors stay with the same child for the entire school year to aid with relationship-building
How to Volunteer
Interested volunteers must attend a 2-hour orientation at Tacoma Community House (1314 S. L Street, Tacoma, WA 98405) in preparation for the program. Please RSVP to Kelly Furtado, Volunteer Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Read2Me Tutor Orientations
- September 22nd @ 1:30pm
- September 23rd @ 9:30am OR 1pm
- September 27th @ 4pm
Kelly Furtado, Volunteer Services Manager