Hiring: Full-Time Instructor
Tacoma, WA – Reports to Education Services Manager
Job description: This is an exciting position that facilitates student learning following general guidelines set forth in the program. An instructor at this level is expected to have responsibilities for curriculum development, supervision, hiring, and decisions related to the operation of the program.
- Provide instruction and facilitate student learning
- Participate on the initial testing team; provide on-going assessment in class throughout the quarter, including post testing; provide new student orientations
- Case manage assigned students at a beginning level
- Complete case notes for students in classes
- Ensure that the team is complying with all contract requirements, including producing required reports and ensuring reliable data
- Contribute to decisions about resources and materials
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with program requirements, e.g. attendance, quarterly achievement goals, timesheets, etc and submit on a timely basis
- Contribute to the production of required reports; ensure reliable data
- Enforce program and agency rules and policies in a fair manner
- Contribute to curriculum and assessment development
- Contribute to planning and implementation of training activities for new instructors
- Teach special courses and conduct special projects as required
- Represent the team at key meetings in the agency and outside the agency
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A., M.A. or M.S. degree in related field OR extensive experience teaching adults (8 years or more)
- Basic skills in computer literacy
- CASAS certified
- Over 5 years teaching experience at a variety of levels
- 1-year curriculum development experience
- 1-year teacher training or mentoring experience
- 1 or more workshops in Learning Disabilities
Salary Range: $39,372 – $44,820 Yearly
Submit a cover letter, current resume, and two references to Amy Diehr at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 14, 2017.
Tacoma Community House is committed to increasing the diversity of its staff and program participants and to strengthening sensitivity throughout the agency. Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, national origin, political or union affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, Vietnam era veteran status, or other non bona-fide job requirements. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.
Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer.