Aspiring citizens in the Puget Sound region who have questions about U.S. immigration and citizenship policies often rely on Tacoma Community House for support. Our immigration department is culturally-diverse and specializes in immigration services and U.S. Citizenship. Immigration Specialists speak a variety of languages to break through communication barriers, allowing us to increase our ability to provide necessary services and help individuals understand and navigate various social systems: school, healthcare, housing, employment, and others.
Tacoma Community House is a Board of Immigration Appeals (B.I.A.) recognized agency that assists in assuring high quality and low cost immigration assistance. The staff of a B.I.A. recognized agency must have a certain level of experience in, and knowledge of, immigration law to be accredited by the B.I.A. to provide immigration legal services. Accredited team members go through rigorous training to become B.I.A. accredited.
Immigration Specialists work one-on-one with individuals on:
- Technical assistance completing different immigration forms
- Case management to ensure clients process their immigration paperwork successfully
- Citizenship classes (with trained instructors)
- Preparation and coaching for the citizenship interview
- Opportunity to apply for citizenship with our BIA Accredited Immigration Specialists
- Green card renewal
- Family immigration
- Deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA)
- Invitations to visit
Please make an appointment for a consultation, or, if you know which service you need, please make an appointment for that service. Fees may apply at time of appointment. Team members speak Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Yana Cosme, Immigration Services Manager