Immigrants and refugees in the Puget Sound region who have questions about U.S. immigration and citizenship policies often rely on Tacoma Community House for support. Our immigration department is culturally-diverse and specializes in a full scope of immigration services and U.S. Citizenship. Our Immigration Specialists speak a variety of languages to break through communication barriers, allowing us to increase our ability to provide necessary services and help individuals understand and navigate the complex immigration system.
Tacoma Community House is a Department of Justice (D.O.J.) recognized agency that assists in assuring high quality and low cost immigration assistance. The staff of a D.O.J. recognized agency must have a certain level of experience in, and knowledge of, immigration law to be accredited by the D.O.J. to provide immigration legal services. Accredited team members go through rigorous training to become D.O.J. accredited.
Immigration Specialists work one-on-one with individuals on:
- Consultation and eligibility screening
- Completion of different immigration forms
- Case management through every step of immigration process to ensure clients process their immigration paperwork successfully
- Citizenship classes (with trained instructors)
- Preparation and coaching for the citizenship interview
- Application assistance to apply for citizenship with our D.O.J. Accredited Immigration Specialists
- Green card renewal and replacement
- Family immigration
- Work Authorization and TPS
Please call (253) 383-3951 to make an appointment for a consultation, or, if you know which service you need, please make an appointment for that service. Fees may apply at time of appointment. Team members speak Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Yana Cosme, Immigration Services Manager