Hiring: Human Resource/Finance Associate
Human Resource/Finance Associate
Tacoma, WA | $35,000-37,000/yr | Priority Consideration Deadline: February 9, 2018
Job description: Tacoma Community House is seeking a Human Resource/Finance Associate to support the agency with human resources, payroll, and general accounting functions. The Finance Department supports an agency budget of over $5 million and a staff of approximately 60. Interested candidates are encouraged to explore TCH’s web site, www.tacomacommunityhouse.org, to learn more about the agency and its services.
- Assist with new hire orientations and on-boarding
- Manage benefit enrollment, termination, and reconciliation
- Review, update, and recommend human resource policies and procedures
- Maintain confidential personnel files
- Update and maintain job announcements and job descriptions for all positions
- Track and report FMLA, COBRA, and on-the-job injuries
- Ensure accurate and timely processing and recording of monthly payroll
- Prepare and review timely payroll reconciliations and account analysis
- Process tax reporting monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Ensure compliance to Federal, State, and local regulations
- Provide support to other finance associates and activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in human resources, accounting, or business field, or the equivalent years of experience
- 3 years of experience in human resources, payroll, and/or accounting
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of Abila accounting software or other payroll system
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure, and internal controls
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, exercise good judgment and work independently with no assistance in planning and organizing work
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy with special attention to detail and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and written
- Knowledge of other cultures, including refugee cultures
Compensation: $35,000-37,000 annually. The salary is competitive for this position and will depend on qualifications. TCH has a generous benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, and retirement. (See below for more details)
Email your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by February 9, 2018.
Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer. Tacoma Community House is committed to increasing the diversity of its staff and program participants and to strengthening sensitivity throughout the agency. Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, national origin, political or union affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, Vietnam era veteran status, or other non bona-fide job requirements. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.
About Tacoma Community House:
Tacoma Community House is a 108-year-old Human Services agency, begun as a Settlement House to serve immigrants. Today we serve immigrants, refugees and low income adults, helping them to become self-sufficient.
Mission: Tacoma Community House creates opportunities for immigrants and other community members in the Puget Sound region through comprehensive services focused on self-sufficiency, inclusion and advocacy.
Vision: We are a pathway to change, leading to generations of self-sufficient people and a region welcoming of immigrants and refugees.
Why work at Tacoma Community House?
We are an agency with a long history of quality services which attracts staff with expertise and commitment to our mission. We have won many awards over the years for our services and for the quality of our workplace.
Tacoma Community House offers:
- Compensation: Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation package. Employees also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 25% of your salary.
- Insurance: A comprehensive health care benefits package with medical, dental, employee assistance program, and basic life insurance.
- Retirement: We offer participation in a pension plan with generous support by the agency.
- Vacation and leave: Leave benefits include 12 days of vacation per year in the first year, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of paid sick leave per year.