Hiring: Finance Assistant (Part-Time)
Finance Assistant (Part-Time)
Tacoma, WA | $16-18 hourly | Up to 18 hrs/week | Priority Consideration: April 30, 2018
Job Description: Tacoma Community House is seeking a Finance Assistant to support the agency with general accounting functions. The Finance Department supports an agency budget of over $5 million and a staff of approximately 60. Interested candidates are encouraged to explore TCH’s web site (www.tacomacommunityhouse.org) to learn more about the agency and its services.
- Maintain accounts and records, enter fiscal transactions to include payables, receivables, and general ledger
- Review and verify fiscal reports for accuracy; investigate and correct errors
- Assist with monthly billing reports
- Provide support to finance associates and activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- One-year experience with accounts payable and/or accounts receivable
- Experience in data entry
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of Abila accounting software or other fund accounting system
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure, and internal controls
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, exercise good judgment and work independently with no assistance in planning and organizing work
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy with special attention to detail and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and written
- Knowledge of other cultures, including refugee cultures
Email your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by April 30, 2018.
Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer. Tacoma Community House is committed to increasing the diversity of its staff and program participants and to strengthening sensitivity throughout the agency. Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, national origin, political or union affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, Vietnam era veteran status, or other non bona-fide job requirements. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.
About Tacoma Community House: Tacoma Community House is a 108-year-old Human Services agency, begun as a Settlement House to serve immigrants. Today we serve immigrants, refugees and low income youth and adults, helping them to become self-sufficient.
Mission: Tacoma Community House creates opportunities for immigrants and other community members in the Puget Sound region through comprehensive services focused on self-sufficiency, inclusion and advocacy.
Vision: We are a pathway to change, leading to generations of self-sufficient people and a region welcoming of immigrants and refugees.
Why work at Tacoma Community House? We are an agency with a long history of quality services which attracts staff with expertise and commitment to our mission. We have won many awards over the years for our services and for the quality of our workplace.