Hiring: Employment Services Manager
Employment Services Manager
Tacoma, WA | $49,668-$51,156 yearly | Priority Consideration Deadline: April 25, 2018
Tacoma Community House (TCH) is seeking an Employment Services Manager to provide day to day management and long term direction of the Employment Services Department. This position oversees program planning, supervision of department staff, performance and contract management, and community engagement. The department has an annual budget of $550,000, six programs, and 7.5 staff members.
TCH’s Employment Department annually serves approximately 600 refugee, immigrant and low income community members. TCH provides a pathway to self-sufficiency through paid and unpaid internships, work readiness workshops, case management, and job placement assistance.
Interested candidates are encouraged to explore TCH’s web site (www.tacomacommunityhouse.org) to learn more about the agency and its services.
- Supervise and mentor staff
- Oversee selection and training of new staff, interns, and volunteers
- Assess staff needs and provide professional development through workshops, training, and coaching
- Program Planning, Development, and Implementation
- Participate in agency planning, collaborative projects, and decision-making activities
- Collaborate with funders and other agency partners on planning, developing and overseeing employment programs and services
- Coordinate and mobilize resources for projects through proposal writing and advocacy activities
- Performance and Contract Management
- Monitor compliance for contracts associated with programs and staff performance
- Evaluate program and departmental performance to optimize outcomes
- Monitor program budgets
- Oversee the use of funder and internal data management systems
- Prepare reports and billing documentation for funding sources
- Community Engagement
- Actively develop community partnerships that enhance and align with the TCH Mission and goals
- Advocate for target population needs at local and state level meetings
The successful candidate must be able to think creatively, act resourcefully, and exhibit excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related experience and/or education
- 3 years’ supervisory experience, including managing multiple programs simultaneously
- 5 years’ experience in employment and training programming
- Demonstrated successful proposal writing experience
- Experience working with low income or marginalized populations
- Experience working within a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
- Excellent skills in the following areas:
- Planning and implementing programs
- Proposal writing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
- Master’s degree in educational field or human services
Email your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply by April 25, 2018.
Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer. Tacoma Community House is committed to increasing the diversity of its staff and program participants and to strengthening sensitivity throughout the agency. Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, national origin, political or union affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, Vietnam era veteran status, or other non bona-fide job requirements. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.
About Tacoma Community House: Tacoma Community House is a 108-year-old Human Services agency, begun as a Settlement House to serve immigrants. Today we serve immigrants, refugees and low income youth and adults, helping them to become self-sufficient.
Mission: Tacoma Community House creates opportunities for immigrants and other community members in the Puget Sound region through comprehensive services focused on self-sufficiency, inclusion and advocacy.
Vision: We are a pathway to change, leading to generations of self-sufficient people and a region welcoming of immigrants and refugees.
Why work at Tacoma Community House? We are an agency with a long history of quality services which attracts staff with expertise and commitment to our mission. We have won many awards over the years for our services and for the quality of our workplace.
Tacoma Community House offers:
Compensation: Your paycheck is just part of your total compensation package. Employees also have access to an outstanding employee benefits package worth about 25% of your salary.
Insurance: A comprehensive health care benefits package with medical, dental and basic life insurance.
Retirement: We offer participation in a pension plan with generous support by the agency.
Vacation and leave: Leave benefits include 12 days of vacation per year in the first year; 10 paid holidays; and 12 days of paid sick leave per year.
Employee assistance: Employees may seek confidential professional help with personal or work-related problems through the Employee Assistance Program at no charge.