Hiring: Employment Class Instructor – Contract Position
Employment Class Instructor – Contract Position
Tacoma, WA | Reports to: Employment Services Manager
Job Summary: This is a contract part-time position that will assist us in developing and implementing an occupational training program that is designed to assist limited English speakers enter into the childcare field, gain the basics of entrepreneurship, and become employment ready.
This position will work closely with an Employment Coach to ensure that the occupational training program curriculum integrates English Language Acquisition (ELA) supports similar to an I-BEST model. This position will spend the months of May and June in curriculum development. This position will team teach with an Employment Coach for 12 weeks beginning in July.
- Create ELA curriculum, assessments, worksheets, and other training materials based off of lesson plans that have been created by an Employment Coach
- Co-teach the occupational training program with an employment coach
- Provide instruction and facilitate student learning
- Complete case notes for students in classes
- Contribute to decisions about resources and materials
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with program requirements, e.g. attendance, quarterly achievement goals, timesheets, etc. and submit on a timely basis
- Enforce program and agency rules and policies in a fair manner
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A. degree in related field OR extensive experience teaching adults
- Curriculum Development
- Basic skills in computer literacy
- Google Docs/Chromebooks experience a plus
- Over 5 years ELA teaching experience at a variety of levels
- 1-year curriculum development experience
- 1-year teacher training or mentoring experience
- Experience co-teaching desired
Submit a cover letter, current resume, and two references to Amy Diehr at email@example.com
Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer. Tacoma Community House is committed to increasing the diversity of its staff and program participants and to strengthening sensitivity throughout the agency. Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, national origin, political or union affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, Vietnam era veteran status, or other non bona-fide job requirements. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.