Hiring: Employment Case Manager – AmeriCorps
Employment Case Manager – AmeriCorps
Tacoma, WA – Reports to Employment Services Manager
Tacoma Community House is seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic, and motivated professional that is passionate about assisting low-income community members find and retain employment. The Employment Department’s goal is to assist community members on their journey to self-sufficiency.
This professional position is responsible for assisting people in need of employment. The Case Manager/Job Developer will provide career counseling, employment & training information, job search skills, workshop facilitation, job placement/follow-up, and referral to other community resources.
The Case Manager/Job Developer will also assist in facilitation of our Employer Advisory Board. This position will also develop and implement 3 financial fitness events.
- Provide one on one employment case management
- Assist participants with on-line job search, resumes, and applications
- Assist in the planning and execution of workshops on work-readiness skills
- Assist in the facilitation of an Employer Panel
- Develop and implement financial literacy events
- Conduct internal and external outreach to future participants, partners, and business connections
- Maintain hard files in accordance with organization and funder standards
- Maintain electronic databases and case notes in accordance with organization and funder standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree –or– some college combined with work experience
- Pass a background check
- Strong desire and commitment to serve diverse populations from various parts of the globe
- Effective communication (oral and written) in English
- Possess strong time management, organization, and customer service skills
- Have strong computer skills with a knowledge of MS Office Suite
Compensation: $1,202.86 monthly stipend with a $5,815 education award upon completion. May be eligible for food and childcare benefits depending on household income. This position is contingent on funding.
Term of Service: September 1, 2017 – July 15, 2018; 40 hours per week
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete online AmeriCorps application at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=73484&fromSearch=true
Priority consideration given to applications received before June 15, 2017. Open until filled.
Tacoma Community House is committed to increasing the diversity of its staff and program participants and to strengthening sensitivity throughout the agency. Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, national origin, political or union affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, Vietnam era veteran status, or other non bona-fide job requirements. Applicants in need of accommodations are encouraged to call (253) 383-3951.
Tacoma Community House is an equal opportunity employer.