ARE YOU READY TO BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN?
Tacoma Community House (TCH) is offering immigration services to aspiring citizens. TCH’s team of B.I.A. accredited immigration specialists and trained instructors have partnered with the Pierce County Library System to prepare applicants for their citizenship and civics interview. Application assistance and citizenship classes are FREE to those on public assistance (current DSHS award letter is required). Fees apply to those who are not receiving DSHS. Participants must attend an information session at TCH prior to enrollment in classes. Those seeking assistance only with the application process should call to schedule an appointment.
Students learn information about & practice:
• Questions for naturalization exam
• Interview format
• Fundamentals of American history
• Required vocabulary
• Foundations of democracy
• Interview skills
Basic Eligibility Requirements
• Be at least 18 years old
• Have been a lawful permanent resident for the past 5 years
• Have been living in the U.S. for 2.5 of the past 5 years
• Have not been outside of the U.S. for one year or more
• Speak English (read and write)
• Other conditions also apply (more details at the information session)
Classes are offered in the evenings during the week and on Saturday morning in several locations in the Puget Sound region. Those who are interested in participating in citizenship classes MUST attend an information session at Tacoma Community House. TCH is located on 1314 S L Street, Tacoma, WA.
*Please bring a photo ID/Driver License and Green Card (required) to the information session.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
• Monday, Sept. 12th @ 10 am
• Friday, Sept. 16th @ 10 am
• Monday, Sept. 19th @ 5 pm
• Wednesday, Sept. 28th @ 5 pm
• Tuesday, Oct. 4th @ 1 pm
• Monday, Oct. 10th @ 10 am & 5 pm
Questions? Contact Us:
Yana Cosme, Immigration Services Manager
Jesus Pinedo, B.I.A. Accredited Immigration Specialist