Do you need help applying for Citizenship?
Volunteer immigration attorneys, paralegals, and interpreters will offer FREE assistance with citizenship applications on Saturday, April 7, 2018 at Tacoma Community House. Please read the following information carefully (also available for download: Citizenship Day flyer).
- Date: Saturday, April 7th, 2018
- Time: Doors open at 10am
- Services offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. We suggest arriving early. Be prepared for long wait times.
- Location: Tacoma Community House, 1314 S. L Street, Tacoma, WA 98405
- Cost: Free
- Call: For more information about this event, call 1-877-926-3924 or text 206-926-3924
To be eligible to apply for citizenship, you need to:
- Be at least 18 years old by the date you file
- Have been a lawful permanent resident for at least the last five years (or three years, if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Have been present in the U.S. for 2.5 of the past five years (or 1.5 of the past three, if married to a U.S. citizen), and have not been outside the U.S. for one year or more within the last five years (or three years, if married to a U.S. citizen)
What to Expect:
After arriving, you will make your way through 6 stations:
- Attorney Screening
- Form Preparation
- Quality Review
What to Bring:
For a full list of documents to bring, please visit this link.