Basic Education for Adults
Adults who are interested in preparing for the GED® tests or improving their basic skills can do so by enrolling in Tacoma Community House’s Basic Education for Adults (BEdA) classes. The program helps students of all levels enhance their reading, writing, math, and computer skills. Many students who enroll in the program often go on to further their education or improve their employment standing.
The BEdA program helps students with:
- Basic reading, writing, math, and computer skills
- Work and life skills
- General Educational Development (GED®) test prep
- Skills to prepare for college, technical school, etc.
Cost, Eligibility & Class Schedule
- $25 per quarter
- Open to adults 18 and older
- Classes run Monday through Thursday in the mornings (9am-12pm)
- Summer Quarter: July 9, 2018 – September 6, 2018
- Fall Quarter: October 1, 2018 – December 13, 2018
How to Enroll
Those who are interested in enrolling into BEdA classes MUST attend an orientation at Tacoma Community House (1314 S. L Street, Tacoma, WA 98405). Orientations provide prospective students an opportunity to meet our Education staff, learn more about the program, complete intake paperwork, and schedule a preliminary testing appointment.
|Upcoming Orientations||What to Bring*|
*You may not have all of these. Bring what you do have.
Charlene McKenzie, ELA/BEdA Administrative Assistant